It takes COURAGE to seek help or advice. Doing so indicates an openness to learning and a sign of STRENGTH. If you have a willingness to face your difficulties then you have the ability to make great changes! Sometimes therapy involves discovering the wisdom deep inside in order to learn new skills and behaviors that you may never have been taught. You are NOT ALONE! About 7% (13-14 million people) in any given year will experience depression, a common emotional disorder. 97% say their work, home life, and relationships are affected.
Because you are not alone in this matter there are an abundance of resources to help you get through and counseling can be your first step.
Individual counseling helps to:
- Put the past behind you
- Reduce anxiety
- Reduce irritability
- Trust yourself again
- Decrease feelings of “always needing to cry”
Group counseling helps to:
- Share with others your own experiences
- Point out common behaviors and feelings
- Get the support and encouragement you deserve
- Learn how others managed similar symptoms
There is a path to alter the present course. One that involves knowing and understanding the world both inside of us and outside of us.
Strategies to Gain Empowerment
- Get to know yourself again
- Have others respect your limits
- Start “feeling” again.
- Understand communication differences
- Learn family member roles
- Understand how a new culture has affected family’s relationship
- Absorb new strategies to teach children values
- Maintain firm limits with two languages spoken at home
It is unfortunate but a fact that many times life puts us in situations where we need a helping hand to get through things. Whether it be a tragic experience in the past or a chemical dependency that is obstructing you or a loved one from going forward, we are here to tell you that there is a way out. It takes COURAGE to take the first step towards healing. Let us help you by providing you with information, support and understanding.